Jenny Hadfield's Race Day Coach App
Powered by Pear Sports
Need some coaching to avoid going out too fast on race day? Or guidance on how to pace yourself to a strong finish?
Let Jenny Hadfield, RunnersWorld.com columnist and the Official Coach of the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon guide you through the Rite Aid Cleveland Half and Full Marathon. Powered by the Pear Sports app, the Race Day Coach download and Coach Jenny will coach you mile after mile, giving you tips exactly when you need them - whether it's early in the race to avoid going out too fast, form checks to assure you're running efficiently, and mental strategies to keep you motivated and running strong through the end.
Plus, Coach Jenny will highlight interesting places along the course and it's free! It's like having your own personal coach at your side helping you run your best race.
*The PEAR Sports App and Race Day Coach are available for the following phones, Apple iPhone 4S, 5, 5C, 5S and Android Smartphones running OS 4.3 or higher.
Here's how to download the free app to have Jenny coach you through the Rite Aid Cleveland Half or Full Marathon.
1. Download the PEAR Sports App in iTunes or Google Play on your phone (It's free).
2. Open the PEAR Sports App on your phone and set up your account (name, age...).
3. Press "Workouts" on the App screen.
4. Press "Plan Store" on the bottom of the screen.
5. Press "Coach" and then press Jenny Hadfield.
6. Scroll through my audio workouts until you see the "Race Day Coach: Cleveland Half or Full Marathon (there's two downloads, one for each race)."
7. Press one and then hit "get this."
8. It's that simple, free and an effective way to get coached during the Cleveland Half or Full Marathon.
9. Plus, you can set it up to listen to your music along the way too!