Getting Around Cleveland
The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) will to help alleviate parking issues for this year's Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon.
The first Waterfront train will leave Tower City at 4:52 am and trains will continue to leave every 30 minutes. Waterfront service will continue through normal scheduled Sunday hours, until 6 pm. All Day Passes will be available at the Health & Fitness Expo on Friday and Saturday. Please visit the Information Booth for details
- Avoid downtown parking and road closures. RTA's W. 3rd stop drops you a half block from the start and finish line!
- Prices/Riding Options. The best option is an All-Day pass for $5. One way ride: $2.25 (exact change). All train and bus routes are on www.riderta.com. There are ticket vending machines at all major stops, you can buy All-Day passes at the Expo at the I-X Center, or tickets can be purchased in advance by clicking here.
- The Waterfront Line is an extension of the Blue and Green Rapid Transit Lines that run from Tower City down past the Browns Stadium. Saturday, May 18, service hours are 10 am to 6 pm, special service for the Marathon on Sunday, May 19th, starts at 4:52 am with trains running every half hour. Runners and spectators should exit at W. 3rd, Browns Stadium.
- The Red Line Rapid train goes directly from the airport to downtown, for participants who are flying in and staying downtown. The Tower City (downtown, public square stop) connects to the Marriott Renaissance Hotel directly, and is not far away from many of the hotels. Please read this service alert before riding the red line.
- Trolleys are available seven days a week. For routes and times click here.
- Downtown area: Click here to see the downtown map on riderta.com - this could be helpful in planning your trip to Cleveland.
- Plan ahead to use RTA in Cleveland: RTAnswerline is 216.621.9500. Operators can help you plan your routes in advance! Call Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Free Parking available along RTA Rapid Lines! Schedules at www.riderta.com. Avoid the traffic hassles and parking costs, by parking for FREE at RTA's 8,000 parking spots spaces and then ride downtown, avoiding parking hassles and fees. The most available parking is located along the Red Line on the west side of Cleveland, at Triskett Station at 12405 Lakewood Heights Blvd. 44107; West Park, 14510 Lorain Rd, 44111; Puritas & W. 150th, 4200 W. 150th St., 44135 (easy access from I-71 at West 150th Street; and Brookpark Station, 18010 Brookpark Rd, 44135 (easy access from I-480) . The best location with parking east of Cleveland is the Green Road station on the Green Line, 22900 Shaker Blvd., 44122. All stations are listed here.